|Peach and Ginger Muffins|
This very seasonal recipe needs to be shared before the peaches are past their best. We are enjoying the local peaches so much in this house, that I'm on a daily search for new ways to add them to our plates. I haven't been baking much in the last month but I suffered bigtime withdrawal last week and baked these muffins and eggless brownies one evening after the kids went to bed. The eggless brownies were misnamed. If there are no eggs in the brownie; you lose the fudginess which most of us love. They turned out to be little chocolate cakes. Pleasant but nothing to write home about.
The muffins, however, were delicious. I used the muffin mix from the apple butterscotch muffins in a previous post. Its my "go to" time saver for making muffins and is a pretty healthy base to work from.
Peach and Ginger Muffins
makes 15 muffins
1 cup mashed bananas ( approx 2 bananas)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup shaken buttermilk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 lemon, zested
3 cups muffin mix (stirred to aerate before measuring)
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 cups chopped peaches (skin on)
- Preheat oven to 400°F/ 200°C
- Lightly oil muffin tins or line with paper cups
- Using a large bowl, lightly whisk the egg
- Add the oil, buttermilk and bananas, lemon zest and vanilla extract and stir well
- Add the ginger to the muffin mix, and whisk until incorporated muffin mix
- Add the muffin mix to the wet ingredients and stir until just mixed
- Gently fold in the peach
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the muffins approx 2/3 full
- Place the muffin tins in the oven for 7 minutes, turn, then bake a further 7 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack just enough so they don't burn your mouth then enjoy with a cup of coffee!